Friday, March 28, 2008

Solamente un mes mas

Exactly about a month from today I will be in Washington, D.C. (probably) doing the pre-service training. It'll be nice going there since I've never been. It'll be nice to see where all the politicians do their business and at times or most of the time, don't do anything at all. Grandma and Grandpa (on Dad's side) always liked going there on vacations. I think they even went there for their honeymoon. Very political people, according to my aunt. Maybe this is where Perla gets it from. Even though I studied Global Studies, which has a lot to do with politics, they don't interest me right now. I've become very disillusioned (even though I already was). I'm sure I will come back to it, start reading the UN Wire everyday and looking at the Foreign Policy Journal, etc...but not right now. I'm more concerned about building relationships with people and finding out who I am, embracing the good in me and purging the bad things. Apparently, there are quite a few. So I need to work on myself, as do all human beings. I'll let you guys know how that turns out.

No comments: