Wednesday, March 26, 2008

walking along Calle 13

The past few days I've been sick, with massive headaches and dehydration. I'm not sure where it came from (drinking too much coffee or being around my sick mother). Today I feel better though. I think partially because of the walk I took yesterday in that beautiful weather. Crazy Illinois weather. It's bound to snow some time this week. I kept listening to mellow and melancholic love songs but then moved on to Calle 13 which always makes me laugh and smile. The beats and lyrics crack me up. So here I was looking crusty but with the cheesiest grin on my face because of them. Every time I hear the music, it takes me back to my first day in Costa Rica when my mister (host mother who I considered a sister) and her now ex-bf took me to a supermarket along with my little host sister. This song was on the radio and my 6 yr old sister proceeded to sing most of the song word for word. I couldn't help but smile at her singing some of the inappropriate lyrics. I kept hearing that song the rest of my time there, blazing loudly from the speakers of storefronts or cars. Its great how a song can take you back exactly to the place where you first heard it.

No comments: