Tuesday, March 25, 2008

the origin of nightgown

This "nickname" was given to me by a very special student that I struggled with greatly one summer. She'd ignore me, talk back, and disappear. This would really frustrate me because I knew she was such a good kid and didn't understand what was up with her. She also couldn't pronounce my last name which I never hold against anyone since the name is not very common. Instead of calling me Ms. Nightingale she decided to call me nightgown which at first I thought, "Is this scandalous? No. That would be a nightie. Its just pajamas, Anna." It was really cute that she called me that even after she learned to pronounce my name. Other students started calling me that too. The main reason I am writing this blog is for the Jr/Sr Scholars students. Not that I think that they will anxiously be wondering about my whereabouts for the next two years, although some may (Shamika; hehehehe). I don't want to leave the program that has done so much for me and the people that are a part of it that have taught me so much its hard to explain. So this is my way of not leaving. I know I'll be back, hopefully with skills and wisdom that will better help the program upon my return. I can never see myself cease being a part of something so incredible. This is also for my family and the great friends that have lasted through the years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww! I love this. Yeah Of course I am going to be wondering what your doing and how many days before you get back to the states. Its hard to let you go so far knowing that I wont be eating East China In for a while. Whose going to laugh and chuckle at me when my bones Snap, Crackle and POP! Who am I going to Ripp on? Gosh. But there will be many memories for me to remember...Nightgown! Love you lots....~Ms.Legit~