Tuesday, April 22, 2008

GB takes a fall

Sunday afternoon my dad and I go to Target to grab a couple of things I need to take with but when we come back tragedy strikes. GB (Gar-Bear or Gary) falls off a ladder and breaks his arm. No one in my family has ever really had a major accident like that so I was pretty scared, seeing my father lying on the ground weeping. Like always though, my dad maintained his humor throughout, responding to the nurse when she asked if he had taken his wedding ring off by saying, "Yes, and my earrings too." Even though he was in a lot of pain he was still cracking jokes. That's my Papa. So he'll take off a few weeks of work. We'll get to spend my last week here together which will be nice although taking care of someone who is injured (on top of my mom who is always sick), is not the funnest thing in the world when you are preparing to leave your current life for a little over two years. I'll deal though...I hope. I've always had a hard time tending to people who are ill. Not sure why but it may be because my mom has been sick for what seems like most of my life. You'd think I'd be a pro but its one of the things I dread the most. I feel pretty helpless.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BIIIIIIIIIRD!
I miss you, we are pretty pathetic without you. On the other hand, we went to texas roadhouse yesterday, and my butt is on fayahhh! roy had two margaritas....what a roy! lol but i was the one passed out on the way home. and my teacher wasnt even in class yesterday, but she made us stay and watch a movie. half of the class left but not me cause i didnt want to have wasted all that gas. speaking of gas...i just farted and it smells gnarly. i miss you so much bird, yesterday i was like to bear "Hey, we should make those brownies tonight with the bird..." and then i remembered you were gone...wahhwaaaahhhh....
anyway, we went to the thrift store on lake and i got some playing cards and 2 ties for phillip and 2 purses. everything under 5 dollars yo! and alberto likes it cause it has a lot of cool looking furniture. so were prob going back to get some more stuff. i love you! you should have snitched to me more on facebook, so i could hear about your first day. are they nice? are there a lot of people? sniiiitch!!!

i love you more than words bird,
rabb